Years ago, the news that you needed dentures was often disheartening; how would your smile look with artificial teeth? Would others notice? What about comfort and function?
These are all still valid questions, of course, but recently there have been many impressive advances in dental materials and technology. Dentists today take great pride in designing natural-looking restorations like dentures that fit comfortably, function well, and enhance your appearance.
How the Dentures Process Works
Here’s how the process works:
There are several options for tooth replacement today, so the first step is a consultation with your dentist to determine if dentures are a good choice for you. Once you decide to go ahead with dentures, here's how the process works:
- Your dentist takes impressions of your teeth that will be used to fabricate your new dentures.
- You and your dentist work together to design your dentures. There are almost unlimited variations in color, shape, size, and positioning that can be customized, so at this point, you have a lot of control over the look of your new dentures.
- You select a natural-looking shade for the gum-colored base and for artificial teeth that complements your skin, hair, and eye color.
- Next, the custom dental lab creates a model of your teeth using the impressions taken in the first step.
- Skilled technicians place the artificial teeth in the base according to your dentist’s specifications. After a few additional steps at the lab, your new dentures are sent back to your dentist and are ready to be adjusted and finalized.
- During your initial fitting, your dentist has you try on your dentures and have you wear them until your next appointment when any adjustments are made.
Make an Appointment for Your Dentures Consultation
Are you dealing with tooth loss and ready to take the next step to a complete, healthy smile? Dr. Christopher Sinick creates natural-looking dentures in our Medina dental office that look, fit, and feel better than you can imagine.