Implants vs. Dentures: The Benefits of Getting a Dental Implant
Are you tired of living with tooth loss and ready to do something about it? Maybe you’re considering dentures, but a friend just told you about their dental implants, and now you’re not sure.
There are a lot of good reasons to choose dental implants over dentures, which is why dentists and patients prefer them. Let’s look at a few of them.
Dental Implants vs. Dentures
Dentures have been and continue to be an excellent tooth replacement method that works well for many people. But access to state-of-the-art materials and technology today gives us a better way with dental implants. Let’s look at some of their benefits:
- Keeps your jaws healthy –Dentures sit on top of your gums, but a dental implant is a small titanium post that is placed surgically in your jaw just like a natural tooth root. This helps to prevent bone loss and gum recession which is a common problem with dentures.
- Provides greater function – Because of their stability after being placed in your jaw, dental implants restore about 90 percent of your chewing function while dentures restore about 20 percent.
- Looks like a natural tooth – After the implant heals, a restoration like a crown, bridge, or denture will be customized to blend seamlessly with your smile.
- Provides stability for restorations – Since the implant is rooted in your jaw, we can use it to stabilize full or partial dentures to keep them from shifting and moving unexpectedly.
- Offers a long-term solution to tooth loss – If you keep your teeth healthy, your implant is permanent.
Let Us Help You Decide
At Sinick Family Dental, we are pleased to offer both dentures and dental implants at our Medina, OH dental office. Our doctors will explain the benefits of both, answer all your questions, and help you choose the option that best fits all your needs.
Please call us to arrange a consultation with one of our doctors so we can get started!